Dear athletes and supporters,
Due to the ongoing coronavirus situation, we will be strictly enforcing precautions and measures for the safety and well-being of everyone at the upcoming Singapore International Weightlifting Competition to be held on 21 and 22 March 2020.
Please do not attend if you are :
- Feeling unwell 14 days prior to the competition
- Have been to mainland China within the last 14 days
- Have returned from Daegu city and Cheongdo county in the Republic of Korea since 27/2/2020
- Have returned from other parts of the Republic of Korea, Iran & Northern Italy since 5/3/2020
- Have flu-like symptoms such as cough, fever and runny nose within the last 14 days
- Are currently on Leave of Absence (LOA) or Stay Home Notice (SHN) or Quarantine Orders (QO).
In addition, please note that the Singapore Government has implemented additional precautionary measures and travel restrictions to prevent further importation and spread of Covid-19 cases in Singapore. The full text of this announcement can be found here : https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlights/details/additional-precautionary-measures-to-prevent-further-importation-and-spread-of-covid-19-cases
In particular :
- A) From 15 March 2020, 2359 hours, all new visitors with recent travel history to Italy, France, Spain and Germany within the last 14 days will not be allowed entry into Singapore, or transit through Singapore.
- B) From 15 March 2020, 2359 hours, the following groups will be issued with a Stay-Home Notice (SHN):
- a) Residents (Singapore Citizens and Permanent Residents) with recent travel history to Italy, France, Spain and Germany within the last 14 days; and
- b) Long-term pass holders (including work passes, Student’s Pass, Dependant’s Pass, and Long-term Visit Pass) with recent travel history to Italy, France, Spain and Germany within the last 14 days.
Please plan your travel accordingly in the light of the these new restrictions. If you fall within the restriction mentioned in Point A above, please inform us ahead of time so that we can plan for your absence from the competition.
Please note that temperature screening and submission of Declaration Form on Travel and Health History will be carried out at the entrance to the venue. Anyone found with a temperature (38 degrees Celsius or more) will strictly be denied entry.
Thank you for your co-operation.