Methylhexaneamine is classed as an S6. Stimulant on the Prohibited List. The IWF is advising all athletes to carefully consider their use of supplements and products containing methylhexaneamine. It is increasingly being found in nutritional supplements, typically those that are designed to increase energy or aid weight loss.
Any product that contains any of the following ingredients on the label will be reported as an Adverse Analytical Finding for Methylhexaneamine:
Geranuim -oil, -extract, -flower, -stems, -leaves, Methylhexaneamine; Methylhexanamine; DMAA (dimethylamylamine); Geranamine; Forthane; Forthan; Floradrene; 2-hexanamine, 4-methyl-; 2-hexanamine, 4-methyl- (9CI); 4-methyl-2-hexanamine; 1,3-dimethylamylamine; 4-Methylhexan-2-amine; 1,3-dimethylpentylamine; 2-amino-4-methylhexane; Pentylamine, 1, 3-dimethyl-.
As an example, the following list of products contains the banned substances (not necessarily listed on the label):
1. Jack3d – USPlabs (1,3 Dimethylamylamine (Geranium [Stem], caffeine)
2. OxyELITE Pro – USPlabs (1,3 Dimethylamylamine(Geranium [Stem], caffeine)
3. Hemo-Rage Black Ultra Concentrate – Nutrex (1,3 Dimethylamylamine)
4. C4 Extreme – Cellucor (1,3 Dimethylamylamine HCI, caffeine)
5. Rezolution – LG Sciences (1,3 Dimethylamylamine (Geranium Flower), Bitter Orange (synephrine), caffeine)
6. Liquid Clenbutrx Hardcore – VPX (Apple Geranium (Pelargonium Odorantissomum) (Leaves) [Std. To 1,3-Dimethylpentylamine],caffeine)
7. Heat Accelerated – Magnum Nutraceuticals (Geranium Oil Extract, Citrus Aurantium, caffeine)
8. CryoShock – Neogenix (1,3 Dimethylamylamine, caffeine)
9. RedLine Black On Blue V2 – VPX (Supra-Amine™ Apple Geranium (Pelargonium Odoratissimum) (Leaves) [Std. To 1,3-Dimethylpentylamine], caffeine)
10. Motivate – Anabolic Innovations (1,3 Dimethylamylamine, caffeine)
This is not an exclusive list. There are several other food supplements that contain the above stimulant that is prohibited in and out of competition.